If you schedule dental visits or yearly health exams and screenings, then you understand the importance of regular, preventative care. It is the same reason why you should not neglect your feet. Think about it, if we ignored our teeth in the same way we ignored our feet, we would develop so many cavities and end up with multiple root canals! Our podiatrists at Tipton & Upton Foot and Ankle Care want to share the important reasons why you should include regular foot and ankle care into your healthcare routine.
- You have diabetes - When you have diabetes, the abnormally high blood glucose levels can cause many problems for your feet. Common issues include nerve damage, susceptibility to injuries and ulcers, slow blood circulation, and slow healing of injuries, all of which can quickly lead to serious complications including limb amputations. Scheduling yearly visits is essential to prevent these issues.
- You sustained an injury - Accidents can occur any time, anywhere, regardless of whether you are actively engaged in sports or simply misstepped while walking. It’s important to address injuries as soon as possible to prevent even more damage to tissues, tendons, or bones.
- You have chronic pain - It’s easy to see the importance of treating an acute injury, but what about nagging, chronic pain? Maybe you only notice your heel pain first thing in the morning, or after a long day of standing, or maybe you experience dull pain around the balls of your feet or your bunion pain worsened? Any pain in your feet is not normal, so it’s important to get it addressed by a podiatrist.
- You notice a change - Did you know that many health problems first appear in your feet? If you notice any changes in the color, texture, sensation, or smell of your feet, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Addressing them as soon as you notice changes can help prevent problems from becoming worse.
- You need advice - Are you wondering if you should get custom orthotics or could benefit from physical therapy? Maybe you need help knowing what kind of shoes you need? Our experienced foot doctors are the best people to ask any foot-related questions. We guarantee that you will feel better after talking to them about ways to improve your foot health.
Contact Tipton & Unroe Foot and Ankle Care
If you identify with any of the above reasons, it’s time to schedule an appointment! For high-quality podiatric care in the Louisville area, contact Tipton & Unroe Foot and Ankle Care. Our team of dedicated and compassionate podiatrists provide comprehensive and efficient care for a wide range of foot and ankle problems such as heel pain, diabetic wound care, senior foot care, and bunions. Contact any of our offices in Louisville, Bardstown, and LaGrange, KY or go online to schedule an appointment today!